Monday, March 16, 2009

ALL CYST-EMS GO FOR POULTER

ALL CYST-EMS GO FOR POULTER


Ian Poulter earned a top-20 finish at the WGC-CA Championship at Doral before revealing he had a cyst removed from his right wrist earlier in the week.

The Englishman was in the clubhouse on 10 under par for the tournament following a closing-round, three-under 69 before it emerged he had undergone the medical procedure last Monday.

"I had a cyst on my right wrist which I had syringed last Monday which had been bothering me," Poulter said.

"I went in for a scan because it was sore and it showed a cyst which has been there for a long time.

"It is good news in a way because they syringed it and it took the pain away. That is what the problem has been on my wrist for the last little while but it has never really showed up before so now it got big enough that it showed on an MRI and I was able to get it syringed."

Asked if the problem had been resolved permanently, Poulter said: "Well there is a chance that it will come back as it can do with any cyst but the good thing is that it is pain free now which is happy days and I feel great with it.

"If it was to come back I'd just get it syringed again. It literally was sore for a day after the syringing but after that it was fine and if we need to do it again, we will. We could go the surgery route but there is no need to. It was a lump which got taken away pretty quickly."

Poulter said he had mixed emotions about his performance on the golf course this week.

"Well, I made three birdies today on the par fives, one was a tap-in and the others were five footers. Yesterday I made 17 pars and one bogey.

"It was a frustrating weekend when my game was so good and I've played awesome this weekend. But the upside is my game is great, I am playing good golf."


Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler likely to skip team meeting after talk with coach Josh McDaniels
One missing boater rescued; search continues
FUNDING BOOST FOR WALES