Thursday, January 22, 2009

POULTER CLOSING IN ON COMEBACK

POULTER CLOSING IN ON COMEBACK


Ian Poulter is to wait another two weeks before making his comeback from eye surgery.

The Open runner-up and Ryder Cup star will return at the Johnnie Walker Classic in Perth, Australia, on February 19-22 before flying to Arizona for the Accenture world match play championship starting the following Wednesday.

Poulter missed the events in Abu Dhabi and Qatar after being advised to have the corrective surgery.

"I have been having a problem with my vision in poor light and my doctors advised me that I should have this surgery as soon as possible to prevent further deterioration," he said. "I am relieved that the problem can be corrected."

The successful surgery was carried out last week.


Browns QB Quinn decides on finger surgery
POULTER RUES POOR START