Friday, June 20, 2008

CASEY INVITES SINGH TO WATCH HIM TRAIN

CASEY INVITES SINGH TO WATCH HIM TRAIN

Paul Casey has invited Vijay Singh to watch him train, just to prove to the Fijian that he for one is not living in a comfort zone.

Without naming any names Singh criticised British players before the US Open last week, saying: "They find themselves having a fine time and wondering 'why should I bother to work hard?' Their way of life is so comfortable."

After staying in the hunt for the BMW International in Munich on Friday Casey commented: "I think I work incredibly hard off the course.

"I'd like Vijay to come and do a session with me. See how he gets on. I am happy with what I put in."

Casey added that the mantra of his American coach Peter Kostis has always been to prepare for events behind the scenes.

"That's the way I do it and I think it's the way Tiger (Woods) does it. You rarely see him after he plays.

"On weeks off I am in the gym by seven, then on the course by 10 and there until four. That's not including the work I do on the mental side - and I go riding on my bike in the evenings."

By a coincidence Casey and Singh were paired together in the third round at Torrey Pines.

They were labelled "the shirker and the worker", but Casey chose not to confront him on the day about his comments.


Richardson Accepts Keane’s Discipline
WEEKLEY AT CAREER HIGH
LEONARD ON THE RISE