Saturday, May 30, 2009

FAMILY COMES FIRST FOR FISHER

FAMILY COMES FIRST FOR FISHER


Ross Fisher warned today that he would be prepared to pull out of the Open Championship in July even if he is charging toward victory at the time.

Fisher, who starts the defence of his European Open title at the London Club in Kent on Thursday, is due to become a father on July 14 - two days before the Turnberry tournament begins.

"My wife is expecting on the Tuesday and I think the phone will be on constantly all week," said Fisher.

"Assuming something happens, no matter what's going on, I think I'll be straight out of there.

"Six-shot lead and a round to play, I'll still be on a plane. Is that politically correct?

"It's something I've dreamt about for a long, long time and it's something I certainly don't want to miss out on. There are plenty more Opens for me to play in."


HARRINGTON STEELED FOR TOUGHER TIMES
Arizona Cardinals sign offensive tackle Oliver Ross to one-year deal
CASEY CLIMBS TO SIXTH
Michael Vick’s agent says football is on back burner for family