Sunday, November 9, 2008

SABBATINI SET FOR HONG KONG

SABBATINI SET FOR HONG KONG


PGA Tour ace Rory Sabbatini is set to play in the UBS Hong Kong Open later this month.

The 50th edition of the UBS Hong Kong Open will be staged at the Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling from November 20-23.

Sabbatini - a four-time winner in the United Staes - will be making his Hong Kong debut

"I'm really looking forward to playing in my first UBS Hong Kong Open," said the South African.

"The guys on the PGA Tour who've played at Fanling tell me it's a great course and a fantastic event, and the fact that it's the 50th tournament will make it even more special.

"I know as well that Hong Kong is a great city so it promises to be a memorable trip."

Sabbatini will be visiting Hong Kong after a solid season that saw him register three top-10 finishes on the PGA Tour, including second place in the Sony Open in Hawaii.

""I understand that in the past 49 years, David Frost has been the only South African to win the Hong Kong Open, although others have been close, so it would be nice if I could become the second.

I'll certainly be giving it my best shot," he added.


Colts place Jackson on IR; Sanders set to return
HEAVYWEIGHTS COMMIT TO TOUR
Falcons rookie LT Baker undergoes back surgery
SABBATANI CLEAR IN TEXAS